Stimulants are a broad class of drugs that are commonly referred to as “uppers”. A stimulant, which can be anything from the caffeine in a cup of coffee to medications prescribed by a doctor, to illicit substances like cocaine and methamphetamine. These drugs receive this classification because of its stimulating effect on the body’s central nervous system. Each drug presents its own unique set of risks, potential for abuse and side effects. If you or someone you know near Longmont Colorado is struggling with stimulant, meth, or cocaine addiction, call Redpoint Center today to speak to someone who can help.
Below is a list of signs of abuse for the majority of stimulant drugs:
- Feeling of exhilaration and excess confidence
- Increased alertness and energy; restlessness
- Aggression or increased agitation
- Dilated pupils
- Confusion or disconnect from reality, delusions
- Anxious thoughts or paranoia
- Changes in heart rate; increased perspiration and blood pressure
- Visible signs of weight loss
- Nasal congestion and damage, if snorting stimulants
- Insomnia or abnormal sleep patterns
- Extreme mood swings
If you have questions about Redpoint Center’s program or would like to speak with an Admissions Coordinator, please don’t hesitate to call (888) 509-3153.
Additional Treatment Programs.
If you have questions about Redpoint Center's mental health rehab and drug programs in Boulder, Larimer, or Garfield County, please call (888) 509-3153 or text us now.